Sour cream adds richness to thesecranberry and cashew-packed cookies.
- PREPARATION TIME: 1 HOUR
- BAKING TIME: 10 MINUTES
- COOLING TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 4 DOZEN COOKIES
- I cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup LAND 0 LAKES” Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup LAND 0 LAKES* Sour Cream
- I egg
- I teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
Heat oven to 3750. Combine brown sugar and butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (2 to 3 minutes). Add sour cream, egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes). Reduce speed to low; add flour baking powder and baking soda. Beat until well mixed (I to 2 minutes). Stir in cashews and cranberries by hand.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 1 0 to 1 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Stir together powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cookies.